It was all glitz and glam on Friday 15th December as UK coach operators flocked the length and breadth of the country to attend the ICT end of year awards ceremony.
Held aboard the impressive MV Magellan, part of the Cruise & Maritime Voyages fleet, at its home port of London Tilbury. The black-tie event was hosted by ICT Sales Manager, Ian Marsh, with chief sponsors Eurotunnel in attendance as well as many other tourism suppliers who supported the event for its second year running, in what is becoming a great social gathering for the coach industry in the festive season.
Andrews of Tideswell grabbed top honours, as they were announced 2017 Coach Tour Operator of the Year.
Within the fourteen categories the all-important winners were:
- Coach Tour Operator of the Year – Andrews of Tideswell
- Disneyland Paris Coach Operator – The Holiday Shop
- English Tours Coach Operator - Andrews of Tideswell
- Welsh Tours Coach Operator – Globe Holidays
- Scottish Tours Coach Operator – Hattons Travel
- Irish Tours Coach Operator – Johnson Brothers
- British Islands Coach Operator – Leons Holidays
- London Tours Coach Ooperator – Yorkshire Rose
- Theatre Trips Coach Operator – Philips Coaches
- Holiday Village Coach Operator – J & MB Travel
- City Breaks Coach Operator – K&B Travel
- European Tours Coach Operator – GB Tours
- CMV Cruise Sales Operator – GB Tours
- Events, Themed Breaks & Day Experience Coach Operator – Catteralls Coaches
A runners-up category was also introduced to reward the efforts of others onto the podium and a charitable auction supporting Essex-based ‘Little Haven’ children’s hospice was held and greatly received and supported by attendees.
Indeed, the ship lends itself well to such an event, tour wholesaler ICT form part of the wider Cruise and Maritime Travel & Leisure Group, for many coach operator clients it provided an opportune time to check out one of the vessels from Britain’s leading independent cruise line. Plans are already in place to for next year’s event, this is surely one to be marked as a regular on any coach operators annual calendar.