Downpatrick, The Historical Burial Place of Saint Patrick.
Why not visit the Cathedral this summer?
The Cathedral was originally built in 1183 as a Benedictine Monastery in memory of St Patrick. It is now a Cathedral of the Church of Ireland.
- St Patrick’s Burial Site
- A replica 8th century St Patricks High Cross (original fragments on display)
- Rare 18th century organ Georgian Gothic oak case
- Unusual wooden box pew layout
- Beautiful stained glass windows
- Original capitols 14th 15th century
The Cathedral is Open All Year Round during the following times:-
Mon – Sat 9.30 – 4.30 pm
Sun – 1 pm – 4.30 pm
Sunday service 11.30 am
Free Admission to Cathedral (Donations Welcome)
Coach and car parking on site
GIFT SHOP ON SITE
GUIDED TOURS AVAILABLE
For Further Information call: 028 4461 4922 or email: email@example.com