A landmark seaside hotel has just celebrated its 35th birthday with a £1 million refurbishment.
Originally an 18c coaching inn, the 72 bed Daish’s Hotel in Shanklin on the Isle of Wight was the first property acquired by businesswoman Jeannie Wilson in 1979 – and since then she has built up the Daish’s Holidays brand to include seven hotels in six seaside resorts.
Always popular with groups, the improvements include 22 completely re-built bedrooms and a brand new conservatory style restaurant along with a new design for the bar and entertainment area. To celebrate the occasion, Jeannie was joined by Wayne Coulter, Special Events Co-ordinator for Southern Vectis who brought along one of their stylish Needles Breezer open top tourist buses.
‘This hotel has always commanded a prime location right in the heart of beautiful Shanklin Village but now it looks and feels better than ever,’ explains Jeannie. ‘It’s a perfect spot to enjoy the delights of the Isle of Wight – and it helps to make IOW one of the most attractive destinations in the whole of the UK for groups.’
The hotel is popular with all types of groups including those who like Tinsel & Turkey and Best of British themed breaks. Daish’s also offer tailor-made bowls tours and walking holidays with lots of trips to Osborne House, Carisbrooke Castle, Mottistone Manor and Ventnor Botanical Gardens
Daish’s have properties right across the south of England:
- Newquay – Barrowfield Hotel
- Torquay – Devonshire Hotel
- Weymouth – The Russell Hotel and Hotel Prince Regent
- Bournemouth – Bournemouth Sands Hotel
- Isle of Wight, Shanklin – Daish’s Hotel
- Eastbourne – Claremont Hotel
Now group travel organisers can see the improved Daish’s Hotel at first hand by attending a special familiarisation there from 6-10 January. For further information contact Julia Pearce on 01202 652 851 or email email@example.com
- Return coach/Ferry travel from Bournemouth Sands Hotel
- Drinks Reception
- West Wight Excursion including Isle of Wight Pearl, Needles Viewpoint, Yarmouth and Godshill or Newport
- East Wight Excursion including Waltzing Waters, Ryde and Rosemary’s Vineyard
- Exhibition of local attractions at the hotel and Daish’s presentation
- Live nightly entertainment
- Half-board accommodation
The cost of the FAM can be claimed against any new booking for 20 or more people made before 06/02/15.
For further information please contact Julia Pearce on 01202 652 851,
Steve Reed on 01420 560 288 or Wayne Coulter 01983 827 057