The UK Coach Awards are an annual recognition of achievement within the coaching industry. Held in Manchester, on the evening of 21st April, the awards were coveted in glory and a celebration was had of the travel industry as a whole.
Glyn Bowden driver of the family run Edwards Coaches scooped the award for ‘The UK Top Coach Driver’ of the Year, beating thousands of rival coach drivers across the UK for the second year running. The award follows a very successful 2015 for Glyn, who has since continued his run of successful award wins, moving into 2016.
Following the award win, Glyn who has been driving coaches for over 40 years commented whilst on tour; “I would like to thank Edwards Coaches for giving me the opportunity to do the job that I just love doing – happy days!”
Commercial Director, Jason Edwards FCILT followed this sentiment by saying, “This award is a demonstration of just how hard working all of our tour drivers are, I would like to thank Glyn in particular for his passion, enthusiasm and dedication over his 11 years of service and on behalf of Edwards Coaches, we would like to pass our congratulations to Glyn and to keep up the great work”
Edwards Coaches are winners of the following 2015/ 2016 awards:
- • Gold Award – Top UK Coach Driver 2016 UK Coach Awards – Glyn Bowden
- • Welsh Coach of the Year award 2016
- • Finalists for 6 National Coach Tourism Awards
- • Accor hotels partnership award 2016
- • National Express Operator Awards – High Achiever Award
- • National Express Operator Awards – Gold Standard Operator
- • National Express Operator Awards – Engineering Gold Standard
- • National Express Operator Awards – 21+ Vehicle Operator
- UK Property Awards 2015 – TGL Property “Commercial Renovation/ Redevelopment” Portbyhan Hotel
- • National Express Engineering Audit – Gold Status
- • Sunday Times Profit Track 100 – Ranking 29 on the annual league table of Britain’s private companies with the fastest growing profits
- • TripAdvisor, “Portbyhan Hotel” – Certificate of Excellence
- • Group Travel Awards, Winner – ‘Best Coach Operator for Groups’
- • Silver Travel Advisor Awards, Nominated – ‘Best Coach Operator’
- • National Coach Tourism Awards, Winner – ‘Tour Operator of the Year- Large Fleet’
- • National Coach Tourism Awards, Winner – ‘Professional of the Year – Alan Clough’
- • National Coach Tourism Awards, Winner – ‘Driver of the Year – Glyn Bowden’
- • National Coach Tourism Awards, Winner – ‘Portbyhan Hotel – Individual Hotel of the Year’
- • National Coach Tourism Awards, Finalist – ‘Holiday Programme of the year’
- • UK Coach Awards 2015, Winner – ‘Top Large Fleet Operator’
- • UK Coach Rally 2015, Winner – ‘Welsh Coach of The Year’
- • National Express Awards 2015, Winner – “UK Driver’s of the Year” - Brent Humphries and Gerwyn Roberts
- • National Express Awards 2015, Winner – ‘Operator of the year 16+ vehicles’
- • National Express Awards 2015, Winner – ‘High Achiever Award – Recognising Long Term Performance Above Standard’
- • Accor Hotels UK 2015, Winner – ‘Partnership Achievement Award’
- Edwards Coaches Ltd established in 1925.
- Celebrating 90 years in business this year.
- Operates 210 coaches daily and employ 500 local staff
- We transport 7,149 students daily across South Wales.
- 80,000 coach holiday passengers a year.
- Operates National Express routes from South Wales of around 5 million miles per year.
- Operates a local service bus to and from Pontypridd & Cardiff
- Still family owned and run, now in its 5th generation.
- 10 Brand new Mercedes-Benz Tourismo Coaches purchased 31 March 2015, costing £2,750,000
- Edwards Coaches enter the Sunday Times ‘Profit Track 100’ at number 29.
- Owner of the award winning Portbyhan Hotel, Looe, Cornwall
For more information on Edwards Coaches, visit www.edwardscoaches.co.uk